As we build and scale Crystal over the next few years, our product & engineering group is growing along with it. We're building the largest, most accurate personality platform in the world - it's a huge project at the intersection of data science, psychology, and technology.
We're looking for a UX / UI Developer to join our team. We value:
- True individual ownership and responsibility over projects.
- Saying "no" to lots of good things to say "yes" to one great thing.
- Listening to constant feedback from our team and customers.
- Having a healthy approach to product velocity and technical debt.
- Taking our work very seriously, but not taking ourselves too seriously.
You'll be working alongside a talented product team to translate Crystal's powerful data into everyday business value, and you'll be on the ground floor helping us build the foundation for an enduring, impactful company.
Now for some specifics:
- We have a lot on our roadmap for the next three years, including improvements to the breadth and accuracy of our personality detection system, Chrome extensions, enterprise tools, and data integrations.
- We rely on a few tools very heavily for communication and workflow - Slack, Github, Trello, Google Apps.
- We love customer support and believe everyone plays a part in user experience.
- Sincere appreciation for good communication and healthy work relationships.
- Very strong knowledge of web UI execution (HTML/CSS/JS)
- Experience with front-end build tools (NPM, Webpack, Grunt/Gulp).
- Test Driven Development
- Experience with RESTful Web Services
- Experience building and maintaining large, complex software products at scale (either consumer or enterprise).
- Ability to explain technical concepts to a group clearly and concisely.
Things we'd love to see:
- One or two products/projects you've developed that you're really proud to show.
- Experience with Chrome extensions or other browser integrations.
While we are an early stage company and don't have the same kinds of lavish perks of a larger tech company, we do offer full medical, dental, and vision coverage for you and your family, flexible hours and a remote-first culture where you're truly measured on your impact instead of your time.